Kayak Skills Coaching & Awards
As well as offering a full range of British Canoeing coaching and leadership courses (see tab below), Beyond Adventure offer 'Skills Improvement Sessions' (SIS) - the aim of these is that you chose the content and we provide the coaching expertise. We offer stroke analysis and coaching, reading the water, using features etc, the agenda is yours. Being based on the River Tay means we can start beginners on the quiet water but then move onto an appropriate river section by the afternoon if conditions allow.
So, if you need coaching in a particular area or skill email us & we'll set up an SIS for you. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or a highly skilled paddler.
You can request a course on a particular day and if you don't mind others joining in, we will advertise it here on our website to see if anyone else is interested. The cost varies depending on the group size.
We look forward to seeing you on an SIS. This is also a great way to work on a specific stroke or to get some extra coaching before going for an assessment.
- 25th - 27th : 3 Star WW Training and Assessment : £270
- 14th - 15th : Coach Award Core Training : £200
- 10th - 11th : WWSR Training : £200
- 17th - 18th : WW Kayak Leader Assessment : £200
- 5th & 12th (2 separate days) : Coach Award WW Discipline Specific : £200
- 2nd - 5th : Level 1 Coach Award : £380
- 10th - 11th : WW Kayak Leader Training : £200
- 20th - 21st : Coach Award WW Discipline Specific Training : £200
- 20th - 21st : Coach Award Open Water Discipline Specific Training : £200
- 11th - 12th : WWSR Training : £200
- 15th - 16th : WW Kayak Leader Assessment : £200
Being based on the River Tay means we can start beginners on the quiet water but then move onto an appropriate river section by the afternoon if conditions allow.
- 25th - 27th : 3 Star WW Training and Assessment : £90 per day
- Bespoke Skills Sessions can be arranged on demand: £180 per day for up to 2 people
These might consist of a tailor made day to work on some specific skills you would like to improve or may be more general such as,
- Improving your flat water open canoe skills
- An introduction to moving water skills
Please contact us to request an information pack on your chosen course.