The name Beyond Adventure illustrates our ethos that there is more to outdoor activities than simply thrills and spills. 'Beyond' can refer to whatever you choose: extending your skills through professional coaching, a deeper appreciation of the natural environment, taking time to enjoy more fully the outdoor adventure experience.
This year we are celebrating 20 years of Beyond Adventure and our birthday party is planned for 6th October 2018 - come celebrate with us.
Our Environmental Policy
We enjoy taking people into the outdoors to have fun adventures but we also realise this comes at a cost to the environment.
To minimise our impact and any damage we might cause we:
- aim to be responsible visitors to an area and to camp with a Leave No Trace ethic
- our vehicles are now modern and cause less pollution and achieve higher mileages than older vehicles
- encourage and educate people on how to travel lightly
In the Office, we work hard to be responsible and aim to follow the mantra of reduce, reuse and recycle : We
- recycle paper whenever possible
- use proper crockery not paper or polystyrene cups
- have recycling bins for cardboard, paper, food and plastics
- try to wear more clothes rather than having the office heating on high !
- our new canoes are delivered in large amounts of plastic and bubble wrap - this is all passed onto be reused by two local businesses, an art gallery and a thrift shop.
Beyond Adventure like to hear your feedback as we continually try to improve the service and coaching we offer.